Sunday, June 28, 2009

What Michael Music Means to Me




Michael Jackson's music has always been a part of my life. I remember being no more than 4 years old listening to my mother's Jackson Five 45s. My mom gave me someof her 45s and bought me a Fisher Price Record Player,so I would stay out her big record player. I remember being 7 or 8 and going to see The WiZ and being awed by his scarecrow.Off The Wall came out when I was 9 and I played that Album out. It is still my favorite to this day. I remember being 10 and selling enough candy so I could earn a 8 track player and I bought The Triumph 8 track by The Jacksons. By the time Thiller came out I thought people finally had woken up to acknowledge the talent that I had seen long ago.

I used to practice dancing like him in my bedroom. I had the curl and all of that too! His music always made me happy. It was able to take me another place when I needed to escape. I guess I should not be sad,but I am. When I listen to his music it still makes me happy. There are some songs that I can't listen to right now,because my eyes will well up,but for the most part it is not hard for me to Jam,which is what he would want everyone mourning his lost to do.

No comments: